It is not as simple as picking the lowest rate of commission or picking the agent who says they will achieve the highest rental price, this will almost certainly lead to the lowest level of marketing and cost you time and money as well as disappointment and anxiety.
Don’t be too greedy, there are a number of risks associated with inflating your rental figure. We all want the best price for your property, and it is always tempting to ask just that little bit too much for it. Your agent should aim for the highest rental value in relation to the market at the time of marketing. Different times of year provide different levels of demand.
People who rent can spend a long time looking for the right property. They know an overpriced property when they see one.
The primary role of a management company is to:
- Attract the right type of tenant to your property through correct pricing and targeted marketing.
- Ensure referencing is carried out on every tenant and they are thoroughly vetted.
- Put in place the latest assured shorthold tenancy agreement / contract with a detailed inventory for your property.
- Regular property checks are very important.
- Make sure you are kept informed at every step.
- Negotiate the best possible outcome for you, the client.
"We believe Kernow Property Services does all of the above and so much more".
Kernow Property Services aims to provide a confidential, reliable, professional and personal service allowing our clients to relax and enjoy the benefits of a rental property without the inconveniences and formalities associated with its management.
Our personal service also allows the flexibility for the owner to be involved and/ or kept informed as little or as much as is preferred with the reassurance that you can be provided with up to date information regarding the property at any time.